Sunday, June 28, 2009

Stuck in the Middle

Click. “This is the Captain speaking. We will be making our final decent into O’Hare at this time. We hope to have you on the ground in half an hour where the local time is 6:30 pm and the current temperature is a toasty 15 degrees below zero Fahrenheit. Ha Ha Ha! Just a wee bit of humor from the flight deck.” Click.

Dear Lord! I thought desperately. Will this flight from hell ever end?

The rest of this short story can be found: Shortstoryathon

3 pies thrown:

JohnB said...

To be felt by only those of us that truly understand...good one Cannoli!

X. Dell said...

Funny. I thought I had somehow landed at Peeking through Weary Eyes. I suppose you and JohnB can compare notes?

Whimsy Harbinger said...

Johnb: thank you
x: I often look to johnb for inspiration and then add a little cannoli twist. :)